3.02.2010

NARS: Blush & Bronzer Duo: Orgasm & Laguna

I decided that I was going to splurge and get something quality for my birthday this year. Good blush is a basic, especially since I have pale, rather dull skin.  AND I was ordering from Sephora so I could get my free birthday mascara set.
I knew I wanted to pick up some of the Nars blush in Orgasm. I've read so much about it, how it was supposed to match virtually everybody's skin tone and give you that perfect flush.  (your blush should match the pink of your knuckles when you make a fist.)
 I usually stick to the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Rose Petal, but it's a little glittery and I wanted to see what all the Nars hype was about. Could one shade of blush really work that well for everyone?
 I was debating between the powder and the multiple-stick because I really like multi-tasking, easy to apply, and on-the-go products that I can apply at home, after I get out of the swimming pool, or in the car on the way to school. But then I saw this blush & bronzer for about $10 more. (Total price was $35) and it seemed like a good deal because I didn't have any bronzer.



Considering what I paid, I was very happy to see how big the compact was!  It looks much bigger in person than on the website.
 The downside: it didn't come with an applicator.
 I use an old, fluffy "blush" brush that I've had forever and gives me great coverage for being a cheapy brush, but it would be nice to have something in the compact for something on-the-go.

*Application*

Before:

After:


I used the Laguna bronzer on the top of my cheekbones, and the Orgasm blush in the hollows of my cheeks.  As you can tell, this stuff is fantastic!!
The bronzer goes on believably well and adds a nice bit of contouring with just 1 swipe of the brush against the bronzer.
I must admit, at first I thought it was a little dark, but it adds just enough contrast that it builds some shape on my face and looks incredible! The blush is a little more shimmer than I expected, but goes without looking obviously-sparkly. I love the pretty dark pink, slightly peach or gold color of the blush. It is very strongly pigmented; first uses with my brush actually left streaks! I like to apply it one layer at at time now; I usually only need about 2 layers to get a perfect look. I expirimented using either product by itself, and both together. My favorite look is using both, because I really like the way it "adds" cheekbones to my small face! This was sooo worth the splurge; and since I little goes a long way this will last me at least the year!

Long Term Review:
I've been using this for about a month now, I can't seem to go a day without it! My poor little Maybelline jar has been just sitting in my make-up bag. It's such a bright, pretty, pink that I want to save it for special occasions. I also like to blend it on top of my Nars for evening. I am def. in love with this shade and it has earned it's permanant place in my bag. I still struggle a little with brush-streaking though; I'm going to try it with the Laura Mercier sponges once I can order them.

Rating:
5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

©2009Cinnamon Tiger | by TNB