3.09.2010

Ponds Original Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes

I love cleansing wipes.  No matter how tired, lazy, or crunched for time I am, I can just rub my face and be done with it.  The only problem is that my super-sensitive skin doesn't always feel the same way.  I can't handle any type of alcohol, so most wipes leave my skin somewhere between sticky and raw.  I pick up a different brand of no-water-needed facial wipes almost every time I run out, hoping for that one formula that really is as gentle as it claims.  I just ran out of the Swisspers cleansing pads, which I really love for my eyes and lack of oils or irritation that other wipes have given me.  I'm not sure what's worse: raccoon eyes from the smudges of my mascara/eyeliner or those little red bumps that many make-up removers leave me with.

I was going to try the Olay daily wipes when I noticed that Ponds had finally come out with a wipe.  I've never used Ponds before, but I'm forever hearing great things about them.  Plus, it was the only one I came across in Wal-Mart that said alcohol free and really was.  Also, it was listed as hypo-allergenic for sensitive skin.  I'm not sure if it's just due to the small selection at the store I shop at, but I've never actually seen a hypo-allergenic formula available there before.  It was almost the same price, a very reasonable $4.97 for 30ct.

The claims:
Ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested

Hypoallergenic
Alcohol free
Safe for contact lens wearers
Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin

Like most other products on the market these days, it's full of anti-oxidants (Chamomile, "Triple Tea" which consists of green tea, white tea, and Honeybush, vitamin E, etc).  Since the actual amout of anti-oxidants vary from product to product I would never buy anything based on that alone.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that Chamomile was listed as the 3rd ingredient, tea as the 4th or 5th.  Usually the beneficial ingredients are listed way down towards the bottom, so this was a good sign. 

My absolute favorite thing about these wipes?  The cloths themselves.  The texture is amazing!  It's thick like a real washcloth, only more sanitary and sans lint.  There's a diamond weave pattern that not only feels good but really effective at grabbing all that dirt and make-up.  I only like to use one wipe each time, and unless I'm wearing my Revlon Colorstay foundation, mission accomplished.  They smell nice, fresh and cool your skin nicely.  My boyfriend has taken to using these too, and has decided to start "buying them in bulk".  I love it when we agree on things. :)

The wipes don't break me out, leave my skin red or sticky, and don't dry out my skin.  I wasn't expecting to find a wipe that wouldn't leave my skin dry.  It doesn't cause any reactions with my skin at all.  I prefer this to washcloths, although it won't replace my morning Dove bar or Olay scrub-I need at least one real wash a day to keep my skin healthy and acne-free.  I really love this stuff, it's a great product and it has finally ended my search for the perfect no-rinse wipe.

The downside:
Not so effective for water-proof mascara-perhaps they need to be just a little more damp; I want to get a plastic container and add a little soy or rice milk and see how that turns out.  I wish they sold it in higher than just a 30ct.

Rating:
5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

©2009Cinnamon Tiger | by TNB