3.14.2010

!Concealer Confusion!

Even though I love my MAC, it's not *perfect* at hiding my dark circles.  I was at it again the other night, reading through review after review and searching through blogs to try and discover an answer.

I may have only added to the confusion...  NYX has a pot/jar of concealor that, for about $3, is supposed to be comparable to MACs concealor.  There's a product called Coverblend which I thought was made by Covergirl (easy mistake) but isn't; it seems very popular also.

Add to the list of potentials:
Cargo Blu-ray (supposed to be very moisturizing for dry skin)
 DuWop Circle Block
Everyday Minerals in Pearl Biege (among other colours; this one was reported to be "a sprinkling of magic fairy dust" and "magic" instead of a concealor)

More random bits of advice...

"I used to be a makeup artist so I have EVERYTHING. I basically use it all for my kit now, and even that is collecting dust since I'm too busy working a 9-5 now.


I'm super lazy with my makeup so I don't spend more than 5 minutes on my face.

1) Stila oil-free tinted moisturizer in Medium ( I switched to Laura Mercier for a bit but it's not enough coverage and feels greasy)
2) Amazing Little Concealer in Tan (this stuff is AWESOME!!!! i just discovered it a week ago and it covers EVERYTHING)...
...5) MAC lipliner in Cranberry and Lustre lipstick in See Sheer".
 
and
 
"Try Mario Badesu's Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream. I think you if your under eye circles are really really dark, you should try using a color corrector underneath your concealer. A very thin layer of color corrector (orange or pink) will neutralize those dark circles. Then you can apply less concealer than you would have without the corrector. This will help prevent caking and flaking. I use on myself as well as on my clients: Graftobian Color Corrector palette,  Cinema Secrets Concealer palette-Hope."
 
and
 

"I think I have tried and reviewed every under eye concealer out there! I start out with my favorite undereye cream. Clarins Super Restorative total eye concentrate...you can feel it sinking into your skin. ( love this feeling!) Really good ratings. 2. Benefit's lemon Aid. Funny yellow colour but I find it really does the job. 3. Then on top of the Benefit I add the Lancome Effacernes Waterproof undereye concealer. ( dabbing lightly with ring finger).This combination works wonders."

Well...More on the list and no closer to goal.  Not yet at least, I really want to give some of these a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

©2009Cinnamon Tiger | by TNB